Search This Blog

Tuesday, 10 October 2017

Technical Tuesday 5: KISS

Another article from the RPG Maker Blog!

http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/kiss/

This quote from the very beginning summarises it perfectly.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery French writer (1900 – 1944)

;___; alas, so easy to write - much harder to apply. Something I find that helps is to brain dump and then go back and cull. Cutting away parts is painful, but the end result will be worth it!

Just recently I cut out an entire town from my story as it added too much time without contributing the gameplay. The important story element from that town I was able to tie up in a different scene.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, I'm recently working on my story as well, the best method is to have everything on paper first, so we can write and edit as many times as we want. :)
    Sometimes we need to let go of something, to create even more wonders.
    Wish all the best to you, and your story. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ Good tip! Thanks Tiago :D I have a small white board that I've used to plot out main story scenes - that's also good since it's easy to erase and start again :D

    Btw, what is your story about, if you don't mind me asking? ^_^

    ReplyDelete