Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 October 2017

Technical Tuesday 5: KISS

Another article from the RPG Maker Blog!

http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/kiss/

This quote from the very beginning summarises it perfectly.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
 Antoine de Saint-Exupery French writer (1900 – 1944)

;___; alas, so easy to write - much harder to apply. Something I find that helps is to brain dump and then go back and cull. Cutting away parts is painful, but the end result will be worth it!

Just recently I cut out an entire town from my story as it added too much time without contributing the gameplay. The important story element from that town I was able to tie up in a different scene.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara, I'm recently working on my story as well, the best method is to have everything on paper first, so we can write and edit as many times as we want. :)
    Sometimes we need to let go of something, to create even more wonders.
    Wish all the best to you, and your story. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ Good tip! Thanks Tiago :D I have a small white board that I've used to plot out main story scenes - that's also good since it's easy to erase and start again :D

    Btw, what is your story about, if you don't mind me asking? ^_^

    ReplyDelete