Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 October 2017

World Building Wednesday 5: Converting character concepts into sprite art

The past three weeks I've shared character concept art for three of the seven playable characters - Bimbi, James and Wedge.

I thought this week it would be fun to have a sneak peek at the sprites that the concept art inspired!

I'm using the 'MACK / Looseleaf' style rather than the standard VX Ace or MV style as I prefer the proportions - more realistic and yet still rather cute and anime-esque.

I use the Game Character Hub (GCH) to make my sprites as it has a large number of clothing items that you can add easily to the character. GCH has a bit of a bad reputation (as per this review) but for my purposes it's ok. The feature I like is a little window in the corner that shows what the sprite looks like walking in all four directions (up/down/left/right).

Anyway, without much further ado, here's Bimbi, James and Wedge.




You may NOT use or share these sprites.

No comments:

Post a Comment