Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 November 2017

World Building Wednesday 10: music


As mentioned previously, there are different cultures in this world, each inspired by an animal group. It makes sense that different cultures have different musical instruments, as we see in real life.

So this got me thinking...

What sort of instrument would a dog-inspired people have? When I think of dogs, I think of whistles, so perhaps the wind instrument variety (flutes / pipes / etc).

What about the bird race? Initially I would have said wind just because birds -> air -> wind, but perhaps stringed would suit them better?

I imagine the race inspired by the Tasmanian devils would be tone-deaf, so definitely percussion for them ^_^

And the cats? Maybe less instrumental and more voice-based?

And then the bigger question - what resources are out there that I could use for these purposes? RPG Maker has quite a few.

What is your favourite source of music for your games?

1 comment: